Finding a new meme is like those first few dates with someone you just met and are really into: you laugh all the time, you’re excited about everything they do, you want to hear every word they have to say. If you really like them, you are checking back with them constantly, giving them all of your attention, and telling your friends about how great they are. But soon, their stories get a little repetitive; they start to lose your attention, and you might even start to look elsewhere for other attractive offerings…
#SVRG Updates (you won't need to restart computer)
Hey there. So I was traveling for two weeks and have now returned to the sunny Bay area. How exciting the past few weeks have been! I’ve been overwhelmed by the response to SVRG, and am so happy people are enjoying it. So here are some updates.
2) There is now a legit SUBMIT button for those who want to use it. You can still email me (I actually like that better) at siliconvalleyryangosling@gmail. It’s taking me a little while to get through all of them, but keep ‘em coming! They are great!
3) I realize now I am a terrible tweeter. So if you tweet at me, or I miss something and I don’t respond to you for days on end, please don’t take it personally. Before all the SVRG stuff I think I had tweeted 20 times.
Well, hello there. Thanks for checking in, and thank you so much for your support thus far!!
I’m sorry to tell you that SVRG will be on hold until Monday, Jan 2; I am traveling and will not have internet access. I probably should have queued up some things, but a girl can’t do everything.
The good news is I am now opening up SVRG for submissions! So you have this weekend to come up with something funny and send it to me and when I return on Monday, I will post one of my (completely subjective) choosing. In fact, I will try to post one each day, as long as I keep getting submissions that I dig and that I feel are consistent with the tone of the site thus far. Feel free to submit as many as you like.
1) Photo cannot have been used before on this blog.
2) Caption must be related to TECH in some way, but can be anything from biz dev to design to coding to hardware and everything in between.
3) You must use courier font (for the sake of consistency).
4) It must make me laugh, smile, or go “aww.” This is completely subjective.
5) You must include the byline you want. This will be limited to your name plus tumblr handle, twitter handle, or website (choose one).
6) Submitting means you agree to all terms and conditions: You have permission to post this. You represent and warrant that you own all rights to any content submitted. You will indemnify and hold harmless this site, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, customers, vendors, hosts, officers and employees from any liability, damage or cost (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and cost) from any claim or demand made by any third party due to or arising out of any content you submit. This site may distribute this post. By uploading, submitting or otherwise disclosing or distributing content for display or inclusion on this site, you give this site unlimited license in perpetuity to the content and the information therein. (I just copied this from someone else’s page, I didn’t even read it).
If you’ve read this far that means you really want to do it. So, do it and I’ll post it.